President Nana Akufo-Addo has put together a nine-member committee to plan the funeral and burial of late UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan.
Chaired by Ambassador Annan A. Cato, a diplomat and former secretary to Cabinet, the committee has been tasked to organise the state funeral billed for 13 September 2018, in Accra, in honour of the late UN Chief.
The Committee, which has Mr Annan’s son as a member, was put together by President Akufo-Addo, in consultation with the late UN Chief’s widow, Mrs Nane Maria Annan, as well as his children and family members.
Below are the members:
1. Cecilia Abena Dapaah, Minister of Sanitation and Water Resources
2. Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, MP and Minister-designate of Information
3. Ambassador Mercy Debrah Karikari, Secretary to Cabinet
4. Ambassador Ahmed Hassan, Director of State Protocol
5. Samuel Kumah, Chief of Protocol at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
6. Brigadier-General Charles Awity, Director-General, Personnel Administration of the Ghana Armed Forces
7. Ambassador Patrick Hayford, Retired UN official
8. Kojo Annan, Son of the late Mr. Kofi Annan
Meanwhile, Nana Mensah, Director of Protocol at the Office of the Vice-President, will act as Secretary to the Organising Committee.
Me Annan, the seventh UN Secretary-General and the first black African to hold the position, died in Berne, Switzerland, on Saturday, 18 August 2018. He will be buried at the military cemetery in Accra
You May Also Like
Ghanaian actress, Martha Ankomah who is famous for her elegant personality, and topmost decent celebrity which Ghanaians always talk about was spotted in an...
Ghanaian musician, Andy Alexandra Nii Akrashi, known in showbiz as OJ Blaq has revealed on Zylofon FM’s Showbiz Agenda that he used to have...
Young Ghanaian actress Maame Serwaa has been applauded by her fans over a new photo she shared. Serwaa appears to have reduced in weight...